Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Excerpt from the day 2

Thursday, August 20th, 2009

Two days without doing anything that will generate money is boring. I did some errands for my brother in the shop, and there I met a lot of Filipinos, some are working with white cards already, some are struggling to find jobs, others are just touring around the city, and some are already residents with good, high paid jobs. They are friendly and are helpful, passing around informations of job opportunities to those who are on the haunt. All of them share a common experience with their chinese bosses. I could say that our people here are really so self-sacrificing, perseverant and patient in their states as workers. I admired them really. They so easily learned cantonese just by getting familiar with this language. Oh, I wish I could learn it, too.

The shop my brother runs goes on 24/7 service. During weekends, Filipinos jumpacked here, chatting with their families in the Philippines. We are still pro-family and family-centered race!

We watched the Bubble in the City of Dreams. The effects are so amazing and breathstaking! The combination of animation and water is so fantastic! ( I wish I had a videocam.). My brother said that the animator of the Bubble is a Pinoy!! Ang galing naman! Proud ako.

I felt like under house arrest by the heaven! My biz in the Philippines needs my attention and I am here, trapped in this vacation where nobody wants me to back home because sayang daw ang fare ko.OMG! What could be lying ahead of me here? I’m already tired of sleeping and doing nothing ( for 2 days!). The “ipeses” are gone, the only hobby I have now is surfing the net and forcing my friends in the Philippines to chat with me till midnight! Mahirap pala ang hindi nag-iisip… ha ha ha! And now, who said that long vacations are great?? nahh!!

What I noticed:

1. It’s good I’m a Filipino who can speak fluent English. Non-speaking english people are afraid to come near to you! Ha ha ha!

2. It’s not good to have a brown skin- discrimination is high! Is it because of the color? Shit! ( Good thing, my skin isn’t so brown. Thanks to my chinese grandmother! ha ha ha).

3. God set me up! ha ha ha!

4. Chinese women are small breasted with smooth, white skin!

5. Being in a mission is a really difficult thing. One has to give up a lot of things in life. I thought about this when I met an old missionary yesterday named Ms. Thelma.

6. One of the secret of the chineses’ long life is walking! Few ride the buses, most walk in their way to home, school and work.

life here with us is a “riot”.

No comments:

Post a Comment