Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Someone Hurt You

Monday, October 26th, 2009

You got two choices when someone hurt you: One is to get even. Second is to forgive and forget.

The first one eases the pain but makes you hate the offending person more.

The second is heavy to the heart but makes you understand yourself more, earns you a peaceful heart and pity the offending person because he will surely pay the price of what he did to you.

But what is more noble is to forgive the person, forget what he did and pray for him that he will change his ways so he will not hurt another one again.

I did the nobler way when someone hurt me twice. Way years back, I don’t like the idea of forgiving and forgetting. But when more experiences came into my quiet and simple life, I was forced to accept and do this idea because it is what God wants in every human being. At first, I thought, it’s unfair on my part.. getting even is much better but after many years of learning from the vineyard camp, I found out that it’s an element of a peaceful life.

The blast of anger can’t be controlled and it’s normal after the offense. But it’s much difficult to say “I’m sorry. (even though you did nothing wrong) I forgive you for what you did to me.” and walk away. Even harder is to do some kindness to the offending person. But what kept blinking in my mind is: nothing can buy my peace of mind, not even a fist can give me peaceful mind.”

So I did.

And am sleeping peacefully, earned 3 pounds and deal with each day with serenity in my heart.

Who is NOT at peace now? Definitely, it’s not me!

It’s hard to do but it’s worth it!

Freedom brings peace and serenity!

No comments:

Post a Comment