Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sta.Quieteria Adventure (Part pala ito ng Caloocan City!)

Monday, September 14th, 2009

Macky and I went to Sta.Quiteria to look for a friend…it was the address I found in the list of voters in Comelec…because I forgot where my friend lives!! Horrible!!

So we took off to Sta.Quiteria and discovered that it is a part of Caloocan City! Nyahhay!! Macky and I mixed our search with a little humor and “what will we learn from this?” scheme so that our search would not be irritating and discouraging. That’s what I like with Macky- he’s matiyaga and so pasensyoso.

We asked the help of drivers and people. We saw all the alphabet letters accompanying the address but we failed to find the B! So the final help would come from the barangay officials…so there we go. To our dismay, the tanods don’t even know where the 135B Cleofer is, and the barangay official didn’t even know his right hand from his left hand!! Our eyes roll! ” Wala, lokohan na to!” I said. So off we go…end.

But I got to find him! I prayed. “Make this one last way work, Lord.”

It worked! So we went home. At 10:00 in the evening, my friend texted! Why didn’t I try that way before we took off to Manila?

Because I was afraid. Because I doubted.

While boarding the bus to Munoz, I took a lesson from this adventure:

Seeking God’s will is like looking for a person in an unknown place filled with unfamiliar people. A lot of things, people, authorities and even your own feelings will influence you, either to miss or hit what you’re looking for. If you don’t know the key, or if you will not use the key you know is in your hand, you will likely MISS the mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment